My photo
Based in Washington DC, freelance wardrobe at your service. A lover of comic books, crime novels, and scifi television. Also loves guiness, jazz, and a beautiful woman named Marley.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Don't Sink the Boat, You Built to Keep A Float


So Hamlet is open. All's Well first dress is Sunday. My wrists hurt. My knee aches and is stiff. My whole cast is getting or is sick. I need sleep like I need oxygen. I'm actually loving my job. I'm in love with my girl. I"m seeing Flogging Molly in little over a week. Their song "Float" is more poignant right now to me than ever. I keep working for a light at the end of a tunnel, but I'm starting to realize that my particular career isn't about a light at the end of a tunnel. It's a juggling act to keep everything up in the air and keep everything going. Float if you will. You can use the end of a show's run as a goal but right after that show ends, the next one starts so its more of a continuous work ethic and constant vigilance. Batman without the cool super-villains. Well Hamlet School Show calls.

Phill

No comments: