My photo
Based in Washington DC, freelance wardrobe at your service. A lover of comic books, crime novels, and scifi television. Also loves guiness, jazz, and a beautiful woman named Marley.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Friends and Business...sometimes AWESOME...sometimes lame

So being friends with stage managers as a wardrobe supervisor has many benefits including being in the know. The problem comes when your friend/co-worker does not leave their proverbial "shit" at the door and just do their job. I don't really care if you like an actor or not. I don't care that you don't like the pace our tech is going at. You're the Stage Manager. It's your job to fix it, not mine. Nor am I an in between person between you and your ASM's or your actors. Man up, Suit up, whatever you want to call it to get a backbone and talk to them yourself. I hate when people abuse friendship at the workplace. It's annoying, frustrating, and down right insulting. Also, I am not your stand in bf who will listen to all your complaints, how hard your day was, hug you, and tell you it will all be okay. I have a gf, and I like her a hell of a lot more than I like you. I love her. She's fucking awesome as a gf, and does your job twice if not thrice as good.

....Right so First day of tech not so good. Pissed. Exhausted. Desperately missing Marley.

No comments: